Tuesday, January 28, 2014

xoxo

This card is for my co-worker, who can use a hug and a card full of hearts right now.   It will be entered into the Case Study Challenge, where we are being inspired by our muse Donna Mikasa.


Donna's card...I love it!


I went through my inventory of stamps and discovered that I have no large background stamps (...although there are several on my wishlist).  So, to mimic the embossing and blending of Donna's stunning card, I blended pink inks and then used a stencil with modeling creme.  The platinum creme is soooo pretty and pearly!

Thanks for taking a look!

Supplies:
Stamps: Mama Elephant XOXO
Inks: Hero Arts (soft grey); Tim Holtz Distress Inks (picked raspberry; spun sugar)
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts
Other: Viva Decor Modeling Creme (metallic platinum)

10 comments :

  1. Oh, this is stunning! I have some translucent & white embossing paste, but I think I might need some of this metallic platinum creme, too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! I love the pink and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning - the ombre effect is gorgeous and the stencilled hearts perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your shout out. This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your shout out. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning - love what you created. Congrats on the HM honor on CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your HM on CASE Study. Love your card - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh that modelling cream is gorgeous over the pink! I do so love that stencil too. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and great dimension... I just love stencils and modeling pastes. Congrats on your Top 3 win!

    ReplyDelete